Tractor carryall with mission creep

AP

Good Post Points
Welder
miller maxstar 150
This started out as just a method of trying to put a flat platform on the 3 point hitch of my wife's Kubota. I looked at all of the commercially available carryalls and decided I wanted something that would have more possibility for other uses in the future. My local steelyard happened to have a pallet of these C channel remnants so I designed around them even though it's more iron than I really wanted for the application. Having used the clamp on pallet forks where they normally go on the front end loader I decided that they were more likely to kill me up there than on the 3 point hitch. Works great, lots more capacity, just can't get stuff as far off the ground. In time I added a receiver tube for a towing hitch, then later a mast that lets me steal the boom from my engine hoist to use as a crane. Last addition was an adapter that goes in the receiver tube to hold a ripper shank for light stumping, but I don't have a picture of that yet. I hesitate to call it finished when it seems a new idea pops up every month or so.

Attachments

• pallet forks on carryall.jpg
    pallet forks on carryall.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 62
  • Lyd moving logs on pallet.jpg
    Lyd moving logs on pallet.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 58
  • hitch receiver closeup on carryall.jpg
    hitch receiver closeup on carryall.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 57
  • boom pole, drivers right.jpg
    boom pole, drivers right.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 60
  • boom pole, drivers left.jpg
    boom pole, drivers left.jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 63

greenlizard

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln 250/250 Tombstone, Lincoln SW200, Lincoln 180C, Hypertherm 30, Honda EW140
Excellent! I also like the extended height boom. A carryall is on my list to build this summer.

AP

Good Post Points
Welder
miller maxstar 150
Yeah, the crane function was sort of a mixed bag. On the one hand, I can't use all the travel of the 3 point before the mast whacks the ROPS. On the other, I'm glad I used the spare toplink for the boom diagonal support, it gives loads of adjustment to make the lift range fit the task.