Shutting Down Problem

Rcollins

Good Post Points
Welder
1996 Miller 225G
I have 1996 Miller 225G. It runs great, but has an intermittent shutdown problem. one day it runs all day, the next day it shuts about 20 times. It has fuel. Replaced the start/idle switch, the filter, and fuel pump. Any ideas. Thanks

CA_Bgrwldr

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobarts
I have 1996 Miller 225G. It runs great, but has an intermittent shutdown problem. one day it runs all day, the next day it shuts about 20 times. It has fuel. Replaced the start/idle switch, the filter, and fuel pump. Any ideas. Thanks
Might check/replace the low oil pressure shutdown switch, my generator(for power outages) started doing something similar about two years ago.

California

Good Post Points
Might check/replace the low oil pressure shutdown switch, my generator(for power outages) started doing something similar about two years ago.
Good point. Likely.

I have a HF pruning shredder like that, it won't run unless it is precisely level. That's frustrating on soft ground, as it vibrates and digs into the surface a little.

spot-on

Good Post Points
Welder
amature
You could check the oil level switch when it shuts down with an ohm meter too, should/could ohm out to ground if it's bad.

Popgadget

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Dialarc 250
Check the oil, then disconnect the pressure switch so it can’t shut it down. I would also test the oil pressure with a gauge before disconnecting the switch. Take a good look at the wire, if it shorts to ground, that would shut it down.

kjonxx

Good Post Points
Bad coil?