Replacement leads for Lincoln 225

ArmyAviator

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln 225
Older Lincoln 225; works as Is but significant wear on rod and ground clamps; internet search not helpful knowing what to buy.
I want to replace leads and clamps and also get thoughts on quick disconnects which seem to be a solution but I’d think it’s not the best because the entire lead isn’t replaced…? Any reliable sources and advice, I’d be grateful. - Bryant

Good Post Points
Older Lincoln 225; works as Is but significant wear on rod and ground clamps; internet search not helpful knowing what to buy.
I want to replace leads and clamps and also get thoughts on quick disconnects which seem to be a solution but I’d think it’s not the best because the entire lead isn’t replaced…? Any reliable sources and advice, I’d be grateful. - Bryant
try a local welding supply store or a welding shop for suggestions what size and length cables you need and they can tell you size connectors for the size cables you get

lancem

Good Post Points
Welder
Amico MIG-140GS, Hobart 140, Miller 225
I usually buy my cable off of ebay, usually the best prices for the lengths that I want. It's been a while but I think I got my rod holder and ground clamp from Amazon last time I needed one.

SidecarFlip

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart Handler 210, Lincoln Square Wave TIG, Vulcan 205 stand alone TIG, Hyper Therm CIC Plasma cutter, Titanium 45 amp Plasma Cutter, Lincoln Ranger gas driven ac/dc welder, Harris oxy-acetelyne cutting torch and welding torch, varuous owned shielding gas bottles and a bunch of other stuff....
Tractor Supply sells welding leads in bulk (by the foot) and they also have stingers (rod holders) and ground clamps. The stingers and ground clamps are Hobart branded btw. I buy my welding cable there, actually, last time I bought it, I used it to add a second starting battery to my wife's Suburban, got the battery lugs there as well. Not thew battery however. I don't buy old, dusty flooded cell batteries. Battery came from Auto Zone, Much better turnover there, The newer the battery is, the longer they last in service.

They also sell the crimp on / solder on solid copper lugs you'll need to attach the bulk cable to the terminal board inside the welder. Hobart brand again.

Bought myself a new Hobart auto dark welding hood with grind mode there and it was less than the Chinese ones on Amazon. I have an older Hobart solar powered auto dark adjustable shade hood I bought at least 15 years ago that has worked flawlessly but I wanted a new one so I bought one. My old one don't have grind mode on it and my old one is not a 'True View either, The new one is True-View which shows the actual color of what you are welding plus the view screen is much larger, I believe it's a 'Creator' series. Not sure however and it's out in the shop and I'm not presently. Nice hood btw.