Ramps for a car hauler trailer

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
Well my neighbor lent out his trailer to a buddy to pick up some hay. apparently he didn’t store the ramps when he picked up, or someone “lifted” them off the trailer. Either way, there picking up some 2” angle iron, and I’ll weld up a pair of 5’ ramps. Watch who you lend equipment to!

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Well my neighbor lent out his trailer to a buddy to pick up some hay. apparently he didn’t store the ramps when he picked up, or someone “lifted” them off the trailer. Either way, there picking up some 2” angle iron, and I’ll weld up a pair of 5’ ramps. Watch who you lend equipment to!
That is the number 1 reason I dont loan equipment. I prefer to go do the work myself rather than loan out something even if it is just a wrench.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
I agree. I would rather go with them so we can pick up what’s needed and drop the trailer back off when they drop me off!

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
Fortunately most of my neighbors, friends like to have all of their own equipment, etc. I find it’s the younger set, usually friends kids, that are starting out, that don’t have what’s needed, for instance moving equipment. It’s a pleasure to help them while showing them the difference between cheap and quality hitches, sizes of toe ball shanks, ratchet straps and axle wraps for strapping things down.basically do things as well as you can the first time. No accidents, no mistakes.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Fortunately most of my neighbors, friends like to have all of their own equipment, etc. I find it’s the younger set, usually friends kids, that are starting out, that don’t have what’s needed, for instance moving equipment. It’s a pleasure to help them while showing them the difference between cheap and quality hitches, sizes of toe ball shanks, ratchet straps and axle wraps for strapping things down.basically do things as well as you can the first time. No accidents, no mistakes.
Just dont loan your trailer, it will more than likely come back with a bent tongue from jack-knifing it. Most folks dont have a clue how to back up a trailer.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
Just dont loan your trailer, it will more than likely come back with a bent tongue from jack-knifing it. Most folks dont have a clue how to back up a trailer.
I will let very few people use my tools and equipment without me around. I don’t want to have to do a repair on something I didn’t damage or wear out.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I did a welding job on a guys borrowed trailer. He bent the tongue jack and was nice enough to go buy a new one and have me cut off the bent one and weld on the new one. It only took me about 5 or 6 minutes to cut off the old one and weld on the new one. I told him $10 but he only had a $20, I had no change. He scrounged around and found $8 so I called it good. Burned half of a 7018 rod for the two 1"welds so not much consumables used and I put double the amount of weld that was on the old one.

Brian Thompson

Good Post Points
Welder
stick mig plazma oxy cet
alot of friends i wont lend anything to . and if i borrow it gose back better then when i got it . borrowed a saw mill when done cleaned it all painted it . looked like new again . when it went back friend said anything else you want to borrow lol

Brian Thompson

Good Post Points
Welder
stick mig plazma oxy cet
Borrowed a friends dump trailer . when dune i fixed his fenders light repainted it welded cracks on gate . Dick never even noticed all the work i did to thank him for the use of the trailer . it goes both ways i guess

Stock

Good Post Points
Welder
Jasic
Never a borrower or lender be...................................................