Power Barrel Build

sonny580

Good Post Points
Both beds dump high so nothing sticks in them. I designed it as a walk beside unit because that is what I need to get around where the skidloaders cant go. Seat could be added but would be in my way, platform along one side to stand on might be easier to make and not in the way,---jury still out on that part. lol!! I needed something to haul compost and dirt to the gardens where the loaders wont fit, so came up with this idea and it looks promising so far. I did a lot of welding on the subframe to spread the weight over a big area and that made it solid now so next step is hooking up steering handle and hydro lever.

sonny580

Good Post Points
.20200407_175449.jpg
This is part of the sub-frame for the beds

20200407_175631.jpg
This is the 2 beds with the rest of the sub-frames

20200407_180710.jpg
The box bed mounted

20200407_180731.jpg
dump angle for the box.

20200407_180813.jpg
and the front view.----never mind the leftovers in the background ! LOL!!
almost got the clutch lever hooked up and now for the steering lever.

sonny580

Good Post Points
Engine is vertical crank model so hyd pump mounting is out and besides that would only add more empty weight with pump/res./cylinders/etc. that I don't need in the gardens where this unit will be used. Manual dump works fine for my use. going with the walk beside operation too. It was suggested a seat be mounted above the engine,---again more un- necessary weight, so will try it this way and see how goes, ---IF needed changes can be made later on.

BillPricePMP

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln
I'm so bummed I didn't see this on Sunday...I just sold my old Yardman rider for $100 and our horse farm certainly has plenty of rusted wheelbarrow tubs around. What a great project!! Look out DR Power Wagon!!