Hill Mower

poncho62

Good Post Points
Finished my bucket project, (https://weldingsite.com/threads/bucket-for-garden-tractor.20/) so on to another. Got to spend my Covid downtime somehow......lol
There won't be so much welding on this, but there will be some.
I have this steep bank across the front of my property with a guard rail at the top. A couple of years ago, I built this frame to mount a push mower to and I push it up the hill with my tractor. It's only 17 inches wide.
IMG_0756.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg
I decided the other day to make something wider. I have an old 38" deck. Also have a spare lawn mower engine.so the 2 are getting together. Here is what I have so far.
IMG_1213.jpg
IMG_1216.jpg
IMG_1217.jpg
Will update as I go along....adding some caster wheels and a frame today hopefully.

poncho62

Good Post Points
I threw some castors on it this morning and took it for a test spin....There is no grass yet, but there were some leaves there that shot out pretty good. Will have to see when the grass grows. My concern is that this is only a 3.5 hp engine. Wondering if it has enough power. The pulley on the engine is a bit smaller than the ones on the blades, so it will have a bit more torque....Will see how that goes. Some pics.

This pic is up the hill.....

sonny580

Good Post Points
It should work with small engine since you are not running flat out in tall grass! ----- going up and back on the bank ---- the little engine will be fine.

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln TIG, 3 or so Arc and 180Amp MIG
That's a clever idea if you have a tractor to push it with (as you do).
Failing that, I'd get a goat.

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln TIG, 3 or so Arc and 180Amp MIG
https://weldingsite.com/attachments/pond-bank-mower-6-jpg.459/[/img[/quote]

That looks amazing, a sidecar for the lawn tractor.

Now I just have to figure out how I could get my son to balance on it and use the brush cutter while I mow, he's hearing impaired and has balance issues.LOL
[B]No, I'd never do that![/B]

That looks like it is going to be a nice addition once you get your engine in place.
Are you going to have a hydraulic (or mechanical) control mechanism or is it just a free run device?

kbeitz

Good Post Points
Hydraulic for the lift and 3 phase 3hp PM motors. one off the PTO and the other on the deck. One will act like a generator to power the other.