DOT tires for off road vehicles

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
I have an older Yamaha Rhino as a ranch vehicle, to haul around wood, tools, fencing supplies, whatever. It’s not fast as it has the little (660 single) engine, by today’s standards. The typical off road tires get tore up quickly running on concrete or asphalt , so I picked up a set of DOT approved AT tires. Here in Idaho you can drive any off road vehicle on the pavement, rural or in town, ($10. Per year license plate) you just cannot get on any interstate highway.the little Yamaha only does about 45, but with the street tires, I’m going to start running it to the gas station, store, local burger joint etc. these terra bite AT radials are built like a standard street AT tire you would run on a mini truck or Jeep. 2790ECF5-344A-4816-BD30-13B35DCE68A8.pngFEB6578D-ACB4-472D-8354-0E785E8F485A.png2790ECF5-344A-4816-BD30-13B35DCE68A8.pngFEB6578D-ACB4-472D-8354-0E785E8F485A.png

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
Did a lot of searching and reading about DOT tires. These seemed to be good in snow and ice. I was more concerned about that than being a good mud tire.
These are 26x14” tires, so a little more than 12” wheels or just smaller overall tires. $425. Delivered.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Did a lot of searching and reading about DOT tires. These seemed to be good in snow and ice. I was more concerned about that than being a good mud tire.
These are 26x14” tires, so a little more than 12” wheels or just smaller overall tires. $425. Delivered.
If that is for 4 tires then not a bad price.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
Yes, that is delivered for the set of 4. I ordered the staggered set, wider in the rear than the fronts. All on 14” wheels.

sonny580

Good Post Points
Not bad price for all four! ---look great and should do the job. Here in IL. they dont allow atv's on any road or street,--course that dont stop people from doing it anyway!

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Same here, they come flying down our road 50 MPH or more. No posted speed limit but my neighbor says that if not posted it is automatic 25 mph. I guess I need to look that up for clarification. Everyone drives around 40 MPH, myself included.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
Most people here drive their off road vehicles respectably . I have noticed how many SxS’s there are compared to quads anymore. Lots of tractors too. It’s not uncommon to have a large diesel tractor getting fuel at a station in front of you.
Certainly not uncommon having a couple SxS’s parked at a restaurant, store etc.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
I was able to get out on clear days, and test these tires in and on the snow. In 2WD, still a little loose in the rear, but in 4x4, it rode and handled awesome. Going to meet a few buddy’s tuesday at a little burger joint in town, about 10 miles away. Think I’ll ride it over for lunch.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Those look like great snow tires. The real test will be after the snow turns to mud to see how well they work then.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
It’s pretty rocky, or “ gravely” here, so once things thaw, the water drains away quickly. I think I need to take the front wheel spacers off. The front tires do spray debris all down the doors. Another project, I don’t have time for