Archery target

Mighack

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln 215
Here’s a homemade archery target frame I made from scrap angle and carpet my wife wanted out of the house. Used 5/8” threaded rod and plywood to compact the carpet and make it tight as needed so arrows don’t go through.

Attachments

• A44A982F-5017-4902-B84C-3D67299A2FD2.jpeg
    A44A982F-5017-4902-B84C-3D67299A2FD2.jpeg
    739.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 5AF0AB99-EEEA-4152-95A5-7E1EFA47415F.jpeg
    5AF0AB99-EEEA-4152-95A5-7E1EFA47415F.jpeg
    603.8 KB · Views: 45
  • BAC44A4E-20C6-4646-9EE9-B8599CA90896.jpeg
    BAC44A4E-20C6-4646-9EE9-B8599CA90896.jpeg
    555.2 KB · Views: 41

Yomax4

Good Post Points
Interesting. Have you shot this type of target before? Just curious about it. I shoot up a lot of targets and this might be a better way. Field points I'd guess.. Not sure I'd want to tune with broad heads on this or do you?

Aczlan

Good Post Points
Very cool, do you expect the carper to compact a lot more, or is there another reason for the long tensioning rods?

Aaron Z

bplayer405

Good Post Points
Is that a field point I see sticking through the back on the first 2 pics? Great idea! I have a bunch of bed frame and could make a pretty big target like this. Also, tired of spending big bucks on targets that don't last. I see one of these being made in my near future.

Mighack

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln 215
Interesting. Have you shot this type of target before? Just curious about it. I shoot up a lot of targets and this might be a better way. Field points I'd guess.. Not sure I'd want to tune with broad heads on this or do you?
I just use field points and should last a while. If needed I can always replace areas or move carpet around as it gets shot up.

Mighack

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln 215
Very cool, do you expect the carper to compact a lot more, or is there another reason for the long tensioning rods?

Aaron Z
Carpet will compact but just keep tensioning and add more carpet if needed..

Mighack

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln 215
Is that a field point I see sticking through the back on the first 2 pics? Great idea! I have a bunch of bed frame and could make a pretty big target like this. Also, tired of spending big bucks on targets that don't last. I see one of these being made in my near future.
?

Mighack

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln 215
Yes shot with my Hoyt compound probably needs a little more tension.

Mighack

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln 215
No broadheads just field or target points

Mighack

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln 215

Aaron Z
Long rods were just a piece I cut in half. Been looking for some type of wheels for handles. Any suggestions? Right now it’s just a T handle..