Your connection is not secure

dee_veloper

Good Post Points
Welder
Longevity
I keep getting this message:

The owner of weldingsite.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

I had to use a different browser and by pass the security protection to post this message. Maybe somebody could look into this

California

Good Post Points
Are you using an old PC or phone?

And

I'm connecting with older hardware (Win7) and haven't seen that error message - so far.

Last edited:

dee_veloper

Good Post Points
Welder
Longevity
Well, I got out my blow torch and pry bar, cracked open my wallet and bought a new mini pc. Seems to be working fine. I'm now able to access all the websites again without that annoying warning. I can also access a lot of websites that connected but were just refusing to function. I learned that one of the major digital certificates on the internet expired and there's no going back. More old certificates are scheduled to expire soon. Only newer PC's will be able to fully function. Planned obsolescence.:mad:

New PC came with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. Didn't have to do any setup. Connected three wires and turned it on. It did all the setup itself. The new PC is SMALL, about the size of a post card and only 1/2 inch thick. Lots of ports and NO fan - zero noise !! Pretty amazing.

Now just have to learn how to use Windows 10 and figure out how to get some old stuff transferred over from my old pc. Should only take me a couple of years...... :(

In the meantime, it looks like I'll be going back and forth between the old and the new. This could get confusing.

California

Good Post Points
This issue bit me last night. 'Invalid Security Certificate' or something like that. Gmail, Google News, Amazon, all not reachable. TBN was one of the few sites I could reach.

After a re-boot this morning all is well.

California

Good Post Points
New PC came with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. The new PC is SMALL, about the size of a post card and only 1/2 inch thick. Lots of ports and NO fan - zero noise !! Pretty amazing.
What did you buy? That sounds interesting.

I've read that the latest Macs have what is essentially an I-phone mounted inside the monitor and nothing else but the keyboard and mouse external.

What you have sounds similarly small.

California

Good Post Points
It's called Quieter2 from a company called Mele
Thanks! I want one!

(Well I don't really need it. This P7 desktop and my similar ranch laptop, both from the Win7 era and the oldest that could run Win-11, are still sufficient. But I admire new technology).

dee_veloper

Good Post Points
Welder
Longevity
Thanks! I want one!

(Well I don't really need it. This P7 desktop and my similar ranch laptop, both from the Win7 era and the oldest that could run Win-11, are still sufficient. But I admire new technology).
Available through Amazon.

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
This issue bit me last night. 'Invalid Security Certificate' or something like that. Gmail, Google News, Amazon, all not reachable. TBN was one of the few sites I could reach.

After a re-boot this morning all is well.
Now just have to learn how to use Windows 10 and figure out how to get some old stuff transferred over from my old pc. Should only take me a couple of years...... :(
And I saw today that Windows 11 was now available.
I feel $ U. (and me)

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
The problem with 'techies' is that they can't leave good enough alone., they need to 'improve what has worked for ever'.
Guess they need to justify their existence,