Which brand of flux core wire is best?

California

Good Post Points
All of my welding is outdoors in front of the barn stall that is my shop. Too much fire hazard indoors. So, 100% stick or flux core wire.

Most everybody has a favorite flux core wire. Here's mine:

INE's INETUB BA71TGS. Size .035 for the Harbor Freight MIG-180 I've had for a few years, and now .030 in the Amico 130A FC welder I bought 11/2021. Compared to others I've tried this has less smoke, it feeds evenly, and the welds look great. Recommended.

INE, made in Italy by a world class manufacturer, is slightly more expensive than most brands. So I've tried Amazon's 'Used - Like New' and 'Used - Acceptable'. The Like New turned out to be flawless product in a shopworn box. That's harmless. I doubt it was a customer return, but just a box tumbled around in Amazon's warehouse bin. The shrinkwrap on the spool was sealed. That's all that matters.
I've seen speculation that Harbor Freight's Vulcan FC is made by INE. I haven't compared them. Anybody know?

And after trying Blue Demon, Forney, Lincoln, Hobart, the HF FC wire that came with the MIG-180 when I bought it used (not HF's present Vulcan wire), and two different generic FC spools that also came with that used welder, I decided to try whatever was cheapest on Amazon. To be used simply to practice on the new Amico 130A FC welder.

I discovered that PGN Flux Core MIG Wire - E71T-11 is inexpensive, especially when on sale, and good. I think suitable for anything I would weld. Note that their T-11 version should conform to the same standard as Lincoln's Innershield NR-211-MP, at half the price. PGN's T-GS version might be more of a gamble since -GS means whatever standard the manufacturer chooses to use. The PGN FC wire is level-wound on the spool and feeds flawlessly with no tendency to birds-nest like I experienced with Blue Demon and Lincoln wire. So - PGN's E71T-11 is something I'll recommend.

But re Amazon's 'Used - Like New' and 'Used - Acceptable' levels of discount - I bought a second roll of PGN wire claimed 'Used - Acceptable'. That was clearly as customer return. Not a full spool and the plastic spool had chunks broken off, missing, so that shipping damage didn't occur in transit to me. The loose end of the wire wasn't secured so I discarded a few yards of snarled wire to reach level-wound wire that then fed smoothly. I don't recommend Amazon's 'Used - Acceptable' discount version of anything!

What are others' experiences comparing FC wire?

lancem

Good Post Points
Welder
Amico MIG-140GS, Hobart 140, Miller 225
I do steel construction, shades, garages and homes. INETUB is my go to, and by far the best flux core wire I have found. I would have to look up my orders but my crew and I have probably used well over 150 pounds of the .035 wire this year.

Zmann

Good Post Points
Welder
Tig,mig wire Prime Weld an Lincolns
I had never thought much about the wire brand . I always bought the Lincoln from HD
but I had seen a you tube about trying different wires so I bought

Forney 42303 Flux Core Mig Wire, Mild Steel E71TGS.035-Diameter, 10-Pound Spool​

and honestly I was sorry I did , I see 0 benefit and it does not break off easily by gloved finger like my Lincoln wire