Tool stands from scrap

cpufixerjr

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln 225 AC
I was cleaning on my garage and the grinder was in an awkward place on the bench, using up a lot of surface space while in the way. I had looked at a harbor freight stand but remembered I had a spare tire rim that was scrap...It was a quick little project and I liked it so much I made one for the drill press also.

Attachments

• 20200719_085006.jpg
    20200719_085006.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 62

A-one

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln Pro Mig 180
Great idea, but I don't have the room. An 11x20 garage fills up fast. I guess it's getting close to the time for building a shed, or buying a house with more yard space.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I built a 30 x 30 shop to play in but after we got the house built with a 30x 30 double garage, I bought a Kubota RTV and it gets parked in the garage, so my truck took up one bay of my shop. Now I also have a Goldwing motorcycle parked in the other bay so my work space is getting tight also. Lots of truth to the saying about nature abhorring a vacuum. Space automatically fills with "stuff" no matter how big the space.

A-one

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln Pro Mig 180
Lots of truth to the saying about nature abhorring a vacuum. Space automatically fills with "stuff" no matter how big the space.

It has to be true. I can't keep that small garage uncluttered for anything. First there was just a few tools and a lot of junk. So I threw some stuff out, and did a little organizing. The next thing I know, I have a lot of stuff that I can't/won't get rid of. Once I found some space, a lot of space fillers showed up mysteriously.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I know what you mean, I think we could have shop as big as a Walmart and it would eventually fill completely full. I bet Jay Leno's garage is also full. LOL