Quick mig welder fixes, that save time

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
Not only a time saver but project saver too. Out mowing the walking trails around my ranch, there’s a particularly thick weed covered area in the deep woods that I was working on widening. A hidden pine branch got in between the belt and one of the pulleys on the ride on mower, and spun the pulls on the shaft. With the splines on the pulls stripped, and no extra pulley I would have been dead in the water waiting for extra parts. Disassemble, hit it and the large nut with a flap wheel to expose raw metal, clamp it to the welding table, a quick blast from the Miller MiG. Back in business. The nut now acts in the capacity of the splined pulls, but the mower finished its work and will be fine till the new parts arrive. Saved by the MIG

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I thought about selling my Titanium 125 since I now have the Titanium 170, but yesterday I use the 125 to weld up some bracing on my corner fence post. It only weighs about 10 # including the MIG gun and all cables. It ran well on about 100 feet of extension cord. I think I will keep it around.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
The handiness if having a little MIG welder that’s portable, is a must have here on the ranch. When ever possible I will take the broken part, to the shop, and do the repairs on the welding table for a better quality repair.

California

Good Post Points
... hit it and the large nut with a flap wheel to expose raw metal, clamp it to the welding table, a quick blast from the Miller MiG. Back in business. The nut now acts in the capacity of the splined pulls, but the mower finished its work and will be fine till the new parts arrive. Saved by the MIG
Yes! I built a watering trailer (photo) for the new trees in my orchard, an IBC Tote on a tiny HF 40 x 48" trailer. Gross abuse of the trailer, 2600 lbs filled, on trailer rated a half ton. Surprisingly the only thing that's needed repair in 10 years was when I tried to back up uphill on soft ground and bent the trailer tongue.

At the time I had just the 230A AC buzzbox and a HF 90A AC flux welder, the old blue type which never did weld very well. I removed the trailer tongue and straightened it (mostly) by driving over it. Then I used the HF-90 to weld on bedframe angle iron to force the trailer's tongue straight and strengthen it. One of the few projects with that junk welder that went well. I have much better equipment now.

Result, good as new! With minimal downtime. Fabricating a replacement tongue would have taken far longer. This is the sort of quick farm repair I need a welder for.

P1670281rWeldWateringTrailerTongue.jpg

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
The handiness if having a little MIG welder that’s portable, is a must have here on the ranch. When ever possible I will take the broken part, to the shop, and do the repairs on the welding table for a better quality repair.
Same here. I had been using self tapping screw to anchor the T-post to the corner galvanized post but they never held for long. Now that I have welded them, I dont think they will ever move again. I had been wanting to do that for 10 years but didnt have the equipment to remotely weld.