Quick addition to my welding cart.

CA_Bgrwldr

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobarts
Just got my Thermal Dynamics 40 plasma cutter delivered Friday, and since I built my current cart to hold my Hobart equipment, it wouldn't fit in either of the two smaller Hobart bays,
fortunately there was room for it above my 210. Bent up some scrap EMT to hold the new cutter and used woven steel mesh for the base, and used and old axle ubolt to hold the hose and ground wire.

Shelf 1.jpg Shelf 2.jpg Shelf 3.jpg

The shelf is removable, used some old bolts as studs.
Shelf 9.jpg Cart 1.jpg

Now on to a real project, like the 20' tandem camp trailer frame I want to turn into a car/ATV trailer, hopefully by the end of the month,

• Good Post
Reactions: Joe

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Man that is a lot of welders on one cart. I finished building my cart from 100% repurposed (scrap) material I had laying around. I have been contemplating whether to put all my machines (3) on the one or leave the Everlast 206 on a cart by itself. To do that, I would need to do a small modification but it would mean a really heavy cart with 2 bottles and lots of hoses and cables to keep sorted.
I think I will leave them as 2 separate carts for now. I had them on 3 carts but put both wire feeders on one and use the 3rd cart to place all my grinders and porta-a-band on for convenience.

Yomax4

Good Post Points
I have 3 welders and a plasma on the same cart. A little smaller foot print than what I used to have.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I have my plasma rig on one of the cheap HF carts. I am doing a little modifying to it now adding some additional shelving 4" wide to each side where I can place a few small tools etc when using it.

CA_Bgrwldr

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobarts
that pretty cool cart
Thanks, I do all my metal fab outside, and rather than have a couple of carts, I decided to build one that holds everything with its own set of outlets,
that way I only needed one extension cord for it all. It is a bit on the heavy side, but not too bad to push around.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Thanks, I do all my metal fab outside, and rather than have a couple of carts, I decided to build one that holds everything with its own set of outlets,
that way I only needed one extension cord for it all. It is a bit on the heavy side, but not too bad to push around.
The pneumatic tires likely make for an easy push also. I may look into putting some on my home built like you have if I can find a source for them around here. Not too many places around here. Atwoods and Tractor supply and they dont carry much in the way of tires/axles and swivel joints.

CA_Bgrwldr

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobarts
Yes, when filled with right psi, they roll nicely, even in packed gravel they don't dig like casters do. Bought mine at HF when they were on sale, IIRC, they were like $4 each with a coupon, bought about 10 of them at time. What is ridiculous is a couple of the inner tubes have rotted away, and new tubes cost more then new complete ones do.

These are likely the current version of what I bought.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I was specifically asking about the casters. Did you buy those or make them? I found one old pneumatic tire with plastic rim and aired it up. It set on my fab table for a few minutes and then I heard a cracking sound and a couple seconds later the whole outer rim blew off. Tube and tire are still good though. It looks to be about the size of your tires. I think I took them off my old pressure washer and replace them with solid tires. They just wouldnt hold air and I do now recall that the reason I only had one is because the other one did the same thing.

CA_Bgrwldr

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobarts
I made the castors out of some .125 plate, the ones available at HF were about 3 times the price at the time.

Pretty much if I can build something I will, even if it takes longer to build it then to buy it and put it to use, like the castors

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I did some mods to my carts. The top photo is a HF $39 cart that I added some additional roll ups to and added 4" side panels on the top . The bottom is the one I built from scrap, pardon, repurposed materials. Mostly from a go-cart ROPS top. I added the 4" wings to the front of the top and bottom shelves. This allowed me to pull the lower machine out a bit for easier access. The bottom cart is the one I was thinking to put some heavy duty wheels and swivels on. The little HF swivel wheels roll ok but dont swivel very well, cheap bearings I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    516.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    475 KB · Views: 18

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
In case you are wondering why just 4", that is the width of my scrap plate that I had.