PrimeWeld 3 in 1

Dozerash

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 210, Primeweld 520, Miller Thunderbolt, Wards 230
Another question: what tungsten would be best for what I’m trying to do, red, gray or blue? Thanks

California

Good Post Points
SWM motorcycles were Italian made bikes built from the early 70s to mid 80s. From 1978 until they stopped production they used Rotax engines. They won the World Trials Championship in 1980 and won many other championships in trials and enduros.
I compete in vintage trials competition.
Thanks! Vintage trials sounds interesting. It's amazing what a competent rider can do.

Half a century ago I had British bikes, BSA 650 and then 350 as daily rides (no car) plus a few other projects cleaned up and sold. None were well suited to trials type riding but I did what I could, offroad in remote mountainous country. Kids with Bultaco, Greeves, Maico ran circles around me.

Then years later I got a Yamaha 175 junker from the flea market that was not at all suited for this, to get into our remote mining claim the year the road washed out. I took in all our mining and camping gear. Including all the junk a baby in diapers requires. With improvised luggage carriers front and back, plus a hiking backpack, I looked like one of those refugee photos. Not quite competition quality trials :D but my prior experience made possible long weekends in there that we would have had to abandon otherwise. Next summer I looped that Yamaha over backward on a steep climb, (no harm done) and decided I was too old to play with dirt bikes any more.

Good luck in your trials! Those Italian SWM's sound like fun.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Another question: what tungsten would be best for what I’m trying to do, red, gray or blue? Thanks
I have always used the red (2% Thoriated) but I suppose anything but pure tungsten would work just as well.

Dozerash

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 210, Primeweld 520, Miller Thunderbolt, Wards 230
Thanks! Vintage trials sounds interesting. It's amazing what a competent rider can do.

Half a century ago I had British bikes, BSA 650 and then 350 as daily rides (no car) plus a few other projects cleaned up and sold. None were well suited to trials type riding but I did what I could, offroad in remote mountainous country. Kids with Bultaco, Greeves, Maico ran circles around me.

Then years later I got a Yamaha 175 junker from the flea market that was not at all suited for this, to get into our remote mining claim the year the road washed out. I took in all our mining and camping gear. Including all the junk a baby in diapers requires. With improvised luggage carriers front and back, plus a hiking backpack, I looked like one of those refugee photos. Not quite competition quality trials :D but my prior experience made possible long weekends in there that we would have had to abandon otherwise. Next summer I looped that Yamaha over backward on a steep climb, (no harm done) and decided I was too old to play with dirt bikes any more.

Good luck in your trials! Those Italian SWM's sound like fun.

Great story ?
Thanks