Portable Bandsaw Stand

dee_veloper

Good Post Points
Welder
Longevity
Did this a while back but thought I would share.

I'd been wanting a portable bandsaw stand for a while and looked at many examples by others. I was inspired by the stands which worked both in the vertical and horizontal positions. This is my version for those features. No modifications to the saw are required. The saw is from Harbor Freight.

This was made using 1" angle, 1"square tubing, and 1.5" flat bar. all 1/8" thickness

I use a Longevity DC stick welder, and 5/64ths E7014 rods.

A side view of the framework.

side_down.JPG

A closeup of the hinge

hinge.JPG

The saw will hold in position by itself from friction in the hinge.

side45_2.JPG

It can be raised to a vertical position.

side_up.JPG

Here are a few sample cuts.

sample cuts.JPG

streem26

Good Post Points
Welder
Lotos
Nice work!
I made one myself using 1/4" steel as well cutting it with an angle grinder was a pain in the butt! I like yours its much simpler and durable.

dee_veloper

Good Post Points
Welder
Longevity
Nice work!
I made one myself using 1/4" steel as well cutting it with an angle grinder was a pain in the butt! I like yours its much simpler and durable.

Thanks for the kind words.

Bring us some pictures of the one you made. We love pictures.

California

Good Post Points
Related - this morning I got out the Northern Tool angle grinder chop saw that I bought a couple of years ago. I don't think I'll get much use out of it.

61454_200x200.jpg

First thing was the HF $9.95 angle grinder on it smoked as soon as I turned on the switch. I don't recall putting it away damaged, but I must have run out of patience the last time I used this and just set it aside.

With a slightly better angle grinder on it, the cut wandered more than it would cutting freehand, For the second cut, my object wouldn't fit without removing the clamp on its deck so I got out my 11 amp angle grinder and did that cut freehand. It was faster, and more accurate. I regretted the time I wasted setting up that first cut using the device's clamp and fussing to get it just right, only to have the blade wander enough to negate any precision.

Summary - not recommended. Not very useful.

Last edited: