New MIG machine

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
After much perusing, I finally took the plunge. I decided to go with another Titanium machine from Harbor Freight, basically because I like the Titanium 125 flux welder so much. I went with the MIG 170 because it can be retrofitted with a spool gun for aluminum if I ever decide I want to try that. I also like the replacement policy they have for 2 years of warranty, if it ever quits, they replace it. No sending it in for repairs like other warranties.
I looked at the Eastwood seriously but after seeing the weight, 89 pounds, I decided I didnt want to try to get that from my front gate to the shop. I would have had to load it in my FEL and try to put it on my cart. At my age and my very bad back, I can wrestle around 90 pounds like I used to.

Time will tell if I made the right decision. Now I have to go put on that roll of wire Yomax sent me to see how well it works.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
First weld with the HF Titanium 170. I just did one adjustment from the cover plate for 1/8" it said 200 IPM and I adjusted it up after the first pass to 300 IPM and 19 volts.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    452.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 13

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Oh, I was using some of Yomax4 Welcote .030 flux wire and it welds really smooth. Almost no spatter and what spatter is very small. That is the best wire I have ran so far.