Nasty root ripper

Good Post Points
Welder
Eastwood mig 250
Had a small backhoe that I bought a root ripper for. Well I bought a bigger backhoe and decided to make a bigger one. 3/4 inch steel for the blade and 1/2 inch for the attachment part. I tried destroying it. I did throw it in my wood boiler and then dunked it in oil.

IMG_20200316_175839925.jpgIMG_20200316_175856928.jpg

Volp

Good Post Points
Welder
Stick, MIG
It looks as it is only spot welded so far? Will you add reinforcement like it was on the old one?

Good Post Points
Welder
Eastwood mig 250
I finish welded it yes. I thought about bracing, but then I said, WTH, lets give it a shot. Haven't bent it yet and it has been abused as much as I can abuse it. After I got done with it, the tip was a little dull. Other than that, it just performed flawless.

old gray

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart
that should have the force to do the job. NICE
I finish welded it yes. I thought about bracing, but then I said, WTH, lets give it a shot. Haven't bent it yet and it has been abused as much as I can abuse it. After I got done with it, the tip was a little dull. Other than that, it just performed flawless.
Nice piece, great idea!

Good Post Points
Welder
Eastwood mig 250
An update! Really put it to work. Tried swinging the boom sideways to bend it as much as I could. It hasn't budged. At all.... No bracing just finish welding. I'm impressed.

Lennyzx11

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart MVP210, Hobart Stickmate LX. Lincoln Tombstone AC/DC
That thing looks like it would work to trench in single lines like water or conduit pretty good.