Milwaukee 6370 Metal Cutting Saw

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
9352FD7F-C0F6-442D-B106-C88975B7D2CC.pngI picked up one of these Milwaukee metal cutting saws as I needed a better way to angle cut metal roofing, trim and siding. Using a standard cut off wheel, burns the edge, leading to rust, plus leaves an extremely sharp edge. The 6370 cuts a much colder edge, as it has coated teeth, much like a wood ( looking) saw. It creates small metal chips, that mostly get collected within the shroud, instead of shooting burning sparks all over your work area. If the hot sparks land on metal surfaces, they rust quickly, effecting your finished surfaces.
As a working tool, it also cuts like butter, very quick and smooth and feels much safer that a cutoff wheel. I know this is not really specifically welding related, but here in the PNW Forest we use metal roofing and siding on just about everything due to its long lasting properties.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I wonder if I could put one of those blades on my 14" abrasive cutoff saw and more importantly, what would one that size cost.
What is the RPM rating on a carbide tipped blade for cutting metal. I used one in the Long Beach welding lab when I taught welding there but it turned really slow, nothing like the saws I see today.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
I’ve seen ceramic coated saw blades for cut off chop saws, but they are larger diameter and much more expensive. I’ll check the saw tomorrow and see what the RPM’s sat on it.