MIG wire size

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I was pleasantly surprised with my Chinese made Titanium 125 in the smoothness of arc and depth of penetration. What surprised me most is the amount of time it welded without overheating. My friend and I welded almost a whole 2 # spool of wire and it never cut out.
My Everlast is Chinese made also but it is backed by an American company and tested and inspected when they get it.

California

Good Post Points
I was pleasantly surprised with my Chinese made Titanium 125 in the smoothness of arc and depth of penetration.

What surprised me most is the amount of time it welded without overheating. My friend and I welded almost a whole 2 # spool of wire and it never cut out.
Hard to believe but it looks like HF has started off in a whole new direction, to jump into the gap left by Sears/Craftsman as the real America's Tool Store. Nobody expected this! Its good to see.

When I first noticed this trend several years ago I investigated buying stock in HF. Nope. Privately held by a now very wealthy individual.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I liked to joke that HF's 110v AC flux welders were a clone of whatever is used all over China to make the bad welds you find underneath furniture from Walmart ant Target. :)
HF still has some of those welders namely the Chicago Electric that are cheap to buy and may or may not work as you want. They also have some more expensive ones that rival the cost of Hobart, Miller and Lincoln. The Vulcan line and the Titanium line are not much cheaper than Hobart and are a little higher than some of the similar Everlast machines. Both Titanium and Everlast have the exact same green paint, so are they made in the same factory? Mark@Everlast might know but may not tell.