Hydraulic pipe T

LostValley

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Wire Feed, very old stick welder and an oxy/acetylene setup.
Our Case 580CK has a 4' hydraulic pipe on left side boom cylinder (looking from back of machine) with a T block to send fluid to right side boom cylinder. It got bent and the 3 pipe ends need to be welded back in. I am a novice at welding (if that) and could use any information or thoughts on this. No problem with, "Take it to a shop," because it is better done properly. Thanks. I'll post a pic shortly.

welding seabee

Good Post Points
Our Case 580CK has a 4' hydraulic pipe on left side boom cylinder (looking from back of machine) with a T block to send fluid to right side boom cylinder. It got bent and the 3 pipe ends need to be welded back in. I am a novice at welding (if that) and could use any information or thoughts on this. No problem with, "Take it to a shop," because it is better done properly. Thanks. I'll post a pic shortly.
What is the pipe size (OD) and wall thickness? Small/thin pipe/tube is very difficult if not impossible to do with stick or MIG. TIG is normally used on tube. I would use O/A if it is 2" or less.

Ron

panamaguy

Good Post Points
Welder
Many
If it is hyd tubing I would silver solder it. You can get silver solder that has the flix coating the same as brazing rod. Get a 1/16 rod and clean it super clean and just solder it . You can also use this rod to fix any dents in the chrome shaft on hyd cylinders. 1 use new gringing disc that still has a square edge. 2 gring out the dent or gouge making small v grind. 3 clean really well with brake clean. 4 silver solder ground out groove. 5 peen silver solder as it does not stick to the chrome on the cyl rod and this will blend it into the chrome. 6 file with machinist fine file and then a little emery cloth. This area will now pass the seals without leaking plus being silver it will never rust. Beats buying a new cyl rod. I have fixed hundreds this way