Converting a Truxcavator backhoe to trailer mount

Aczlan

Good Post Points
Picked up a Truxcavator backhoe the other day.
It was originally meant to mount in place of a pickup tailgate with a pump that had an electric clutch.
I plan on picking up a tall heavy trailer (such as a pickup frame, or currently looking at what was a medium duty truck frame), cutting it off right behind the axle, then mounting the backhoe there, installing a pump, motor and tank up at the front.

A couple pictures on the trailer:
744157843.jpg

256963500.jpg

IMG_20200623_085038791~2.jpg

Aaron Z

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
All I can say is that you have plenty of ambition to tackle that project. This should keep you busy through the winter also.
May as well start with all new hoses rather than busting one or two every time you use it.

Aczlan

Good Post Points
Should be a short project to get working, my goal is to get it mounted to the trailer and get the hydraulics hooked up for now.
Found a trailer that I like, will take a look at it on Monday.
It was originally an orchard sprayer built on a truck frame.
Going to take the pump/motor/tank off, then cut the frame in half and either stack the two halves on top of each other, or just use one half if it looks heavy enough.
Going to replace all of the hoses once I get it all together, need to put it all together to get lengths.

Aaron Z

Aczlan

Good Post Points
Got it off of the trailer and set on a pallet, hopefully picking up the trailer to mount it to this afternoon:
1578048439.jpg

IMG_20200628_132647838_HDR.jpg

Aaron Z